🌱 Frisco ISD Library Service Updates + Local Restaurant Support
Happy Tuesday neighbours! Here’s everything happening at McKinney-Frisco today.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Becoming cloudy and windy. High: 73 Low: 63.
Here are today’s top three stories at McKinney-Frisco:
- Spend your Friday with a friend at First McKinney’s Incredible Fridays Respite Care program. Participants team up with children with special needs for an evening of various activities such as crafts, a movie, a sensory room and time in the playground. Follow the link for more information about the program. (Patch)
- New updates have been developed for the Frisco ISD Library Services Department website, which includes information about district book selection and complaint processes. At the April 11 meeting, FISD Library Coordinator Amanda Butler presented the new website features to the school board. This school year, two books were removed after going through the formal review process. Officials explain that most of the changes were implemented to give as much information as possible to the FISD community about how the district library system works. (Community Impact)
- Support local restaurants in April! Check out the five most popular American restaurants in Frisco based on customer reviews. The list includes Frisco Diner, Randy’s Steakhouse, Union Bear, Up Inspired Kitchen and Bavette Grill. (Original News)
Today’s newsletter is brought to you in part by Ring, a partner of the Patch brand. Doing spring cleaning chores? Why not also refresh your home security. Secure windows, doors and more with up to $80 off select Pro Alarm Kits. Don’t wait, deals end 5/1 at 9:00 PM PST.
Today in McKinney-Frisco:
- group bodybuilding At the Apex Center (6:00 a.m.)
- Tuesday night quiz At Towne Lake Recreation Center (6:00 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Don’t forget to congratulate the boys and girls of Wakeland High School after both teams won the 5A State Championships. What a way to represent Frisco! (Facebook)
- The AT&T Byron Nelson in McKinney is less than a month away! Follow the link to purchase tickets. (Facebook)
- Spread the word and help a family find their dog! Hachi was lost on April 17 in Frisco near Preston Road and Preston Manor. (Facebook)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
Concerts and Services:
Do you like the McKinney-Frisco Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
- Send this link to a friend or neighbor so they can subscribe
- Get your local business listed in front of readers
You are officially informed for today. See you tomorrow morning for another update!
— Nicole Tess Kazora
About me: Nicole is a freelance writer who graduated from the University of Maryland with a Bachelor of Arts in Economics. Deep down, she enjoys painting portraits in acrylics, listening to political and social commentary, and examining social science research.